Call Us: 888-387-5670
Our Enterprise Architecture Team provides the expertise and resources needed to implement a virtualized IT environment for your business, including server and desktop virtualization solutions.
What is virtualization?
In essence, virtualization is a way to deliver hardware through the use of software. For example, implementing a virtualized server environment can allow a business to add server capacity without buying, installing and maintaining additional physical machines. Deployment of virtualized machines can happen quickly and efficiently since there is no additional hardware involved. Virtualization also serves to maximize resources and minimize waste capacity by creating a flexible pool of servers and storage.
Benefits of Virtualization
- Reduces capital expenditures associated with buying new hardware/servers
- Reduces time associated with deploying and managing physical servers
- Reduces costs associated with powering and cooling your storage environment or datacenter
- Saves physical storage space
- Reduces hardware waste
- Optimizes application availability and performance
- Simplifies business continuity and disaster recovery
- Good for the environment: reduces energy consumption, waste and CO2 emissions
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
Alliance Technologies provides expertise for implementing a virtualized desktop environment. Desktop virtualization is a method of hosting personal workstations via a remote central server typically in a data center. The centralized server is used to process and control data and applications which are accessible by remote workstations including PCs, laptops and thin clients. The benefits of the powerful centralized server are shared across all remote workstations.
- Centralized Management – software and hardware updates can be performed on a single central server and those changes will be reflected on all remote workstations without any additional maintenance. This is a huge time saver versus having to manually update, install and maintain individual workstations.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery – all workstation data is stored on a centralized server, so it is automatically backed up. It is also simple to recover in the event of a disaster, even if the physical workstation is damaged or destroyed.
- Remote Access – because the workstation is accessible from a centralized server, it is always available for access from a remote location, including home, the office, or on the road.
- Minimize Hardware Dependence – the remote workstation can be accessed from almost any computer with a network connection and the installed software, minimizing dependence on specific hardware.
- Cost Effective – the software needed to run the remote connection requires very low processing power. Since the remote computer is separate from the powerful central server, money can be saved by purchasing several low cost workstations and a powerful central server, instead of several high cost workstations.
- Security – since all data is stored on a centralized server, the damage or loss of a remote workstation does not compromise data security.
See our recent article in Business Connections magazine (page 6):
Could Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Be For You?
Virtualization Project Highlights: Merit Resources
Click the image below to launch a PDF document that outlines the impact of one of our server virtualization projects with customer Merit Resources.
Partner Example: VMware
VMware (NYSE: VMW) is the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the datacenter. Customers rely on VMware to reduce capital and operating expenses, ensure business continuity, strengthen security and go green. VMware offers a wide range of award-winning virtualization products, from free software for virtualizing desktops and servers to comprehensive enterprise-class platforms for optimizing datacenters and IT infrastructure.
As a VMware Enterprise Partner, Alliance Technologies staff has demonstrated expertise in applying the right skills, methodologies and best practices for implementing and managing virtual infrastructures. Our staff includes VMware Certified Professionals for both sales and support.
Partner Example: Quest Software
Quest Software produces the high-quality, comprehensive vWorkspace software suite, a VDI solution built for VMware Virtual Infrastructure to deliver on-demand virtual desktops. vWorkspace allows for VDI deployment, monitoring, and management on an enterprise level. Quest Software’s vWorkspace application is on the fast-track to becoming the industry leader in VDI solutions.
Alliance Technologies, partnered with Quest Software, draws from a vast reservoir of VDI experience to build VDI solutions that solve issues businesses experience with traditional desktop deployment, maintenance, and access.